New York City OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER
- The Bureau of Information Systems & Technology provides a full range of technology support services for key business functions and charter mandated responsibilities of the Comptroller’s Office. These services include: technology strategic planning, web site development, graphic design, disaster recovery, systems development, network administration, audio/visual services, business process re-engineering, change management, program management, security administration, help desk, computer operations, telecommunications, and document management.
- Design, develop, test, support and deploy custom web applications in a .NET environment;
- Design and develop testing and maintenance procedures and activities;
- Create software documentation and update existing documentation;
- Support and maintain existing BIST applications by identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products;
- Assist and support other team members on multiple projects; and,
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervising manager.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Application Development, the responsibilities for the position of the Junior .NET Developer include, but are not limited to, the following:
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in 1 above; or
3. Education and or/or experience equivalent to 1 or 2 above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in 2 above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, 24 semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience as described in 1 above.
- PREFERRED SKILLS IN ADDITION TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of development experience with C#, .NET 4.0/4.5+, MVC4+, Entity Framework;
- Hands-on experience with MS Dynamics is a plus;
- Knowledge of all aspects of system development life cycle (SDLC); experience in writing T-SQL queries, views, stored procedures, and functions in MS SQL;
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
We appreciate every applicant’s interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Note: Vacancy notices listed as “Until Filled” will be posted for at least five work days