At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What You’ll Do:
- As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to integrate into the general software engineering team and help break our software
- Work under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager of a team with an already-established, mature testing process to conduct stress testing, exploratory testing, and automation testing
- Learn basic software testing theory, how to properly determine type of testing required for a project, and write a lot of code
- Successfully get through our test engineering boot camp; integrate into an ongoing project and successfully demonstrate that you can perform basic test analysis for any new functionality being developed; and understand the basics of either node.js or Java and the respective automation framework to the point in which you can contribute basic automation tests with little guidance
- Collaborate with other interns on assigned case study to be presented at the conclusion of the internship
Who You Are:
- A fast learner and self-starter - you’ll work with colleagues who are incredibly talented, and always willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, so your willingness to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen is imperative
- An empowered collaborator - you contribute ideas and initiative to your work with minimal supervision, and actively interact with team members whether near or far
- A skilled communicator - you quickly elicit feedback, translate requirements, and troubleshoot issues with colleagues at all levels and from a wide variety of backgrounds
What You’ll Need:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and 6 – 9 credits in Computer Science or related courses
- Proficiency in either Java or node.js ( coursework counts as proficiency )
- Curiosity - asking a lot of questions and enjoying exploration is going to be your best asset
The Northwestern Mutual experience is about the opportunity. It is without barriers, without ego — where feedback is essential, and collaboration is second nature. It clears the way for inspiration, innovation, and your impact to take hold.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!