A Brief Overview
The Jr. Software Engineer is responsible for providing software design, implementation, and testing of clinical information software used in healthcare institutions to chart review and analyze patient clinical data. This role performs software design based on input from the design team and clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base; in consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements. You will work with a team of world class engineers, contributing to the overall design and architecture of products that support the current and next generation of electronic health records. The role will involve working effectively on an independent and team basis in contributing to a cutting edge architectural system.
What you will do:
- Perform software design based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
- Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
- Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance and support departments in validating a new implementation
- Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
- Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
- Support the software by handling escalated service calls
- Document and repair errors related to software
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or engineering-related discipline.
- 0-2 years software engineering experience.
- Experience with C/C++ on a Linux system.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense ADP and VA High Risk Background clearance.
- Experience with DBMS and SQL such as MySQL, SQLite, Oracle or other relational databases.
- Experience with debugging utilities such as GDB, etc.
Security Clearance: The start of the security clearance process is up to the discretion of the company and may begin no later than the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment, and commensurate with job requirements and the needs of the business. Successful completion of the security clearance process may not be required for every position but all candidates must be willing to submit to the process if requested by their manager according to the requirements of the position and business needs.