Experimental Aircraft Association
Job Title: Business Development - Exhibits Intern
Department: Business Relations
Reports To: Manager, Business Relationship
Status: Internship, Seasonal
Salary Grade: TBD
# Direct Reports: 0
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordination of Exhibitor Mailings, Credential Packets and Exhibitor/Partner Communications
2. Coordination of Exhibit Office during AirVenture to include the following:
3. Coordination of Volunteers and Office Staff
4. Communication with Contractual Partners for Exposition Services
5. Effectively and Efficiently responding to Guest/Exhibitor Questions and Concerns
6. Event Planning and Logistics for all Aspects of Exhibitor and Corporate Sponsors/Partners
7. Event Planning and Logistics for Community Events
8. Answering and Following Up on Exhibitor/Partner Questions via Phone and Email
9. Data Entry into Event Management System
10. Data Management
11. Responsible for investigating potential businesses and creating a profile.
12. Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- Student pursuing a Bachelors degree in Event Planning and/or Marketing, Guest Services/Hospitality
- Proficiency in MS Word, Mail Merge, PowerPoint , Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task and Follow Up Consistently
- High Level of Initiative
- Self Starter, Motivated
- Professional Appearance and Attitude
- Composure to Work Effectively with High Profile Individuals and Organizations
- Solid Guest Services Mindset
- Team Player
- Email and Phone etiquette
- Previous office experience preferred
- Previous AirVenture volunteer experience a plus
Attention to Details - Completes and maintains high level of accuracy of even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors; quickly and accurately identifies differences when comparing letters, objects, numbers, symbols and/or patterns
Listen Attentively - Demonstrates genuine interest and empathy; listens patiently and carefully to input; correctly interprets nonverbal behaviors; clarifies others’ points of view; and listens well in a group.
Show Drive and Initiative - Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity; is committed to the organization
Create Member Loyalty - Understands the member’s requirements and expectations; delivers on commitments to members; provides value and ensures exceptional member experiences; seeks feedback from members; effectively recovers from mistakes; removes barriers to customer service; builds a member-focused team
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
EAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.