Experimental Aircraft Association
Job Title: Business Development Intern
Department: Business Relations
Reports To: Manager, Program Fulfillment
Status: Internship, Seasonal
Salary Grade: TBD
# Direct Reports: 0
EAA’s Business Development Intern is responsible for providing required support related to department AirVenture activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support logistics for special events, activities and programs during AirVenture
2. Works with fulfillment team to assist with any sponsor questions or concerns leading up to and during the event.
3. Take lead on project work such as researching sponsors, creating dossiers, and organizing key inventory for events.
4. Administrative and clerical tasks such as answering phones/e-mails, ordering supplies, copying, mailings, data entry, merging, consolidating, maintaining the department filing system’s electronic/ hard copies and assisting with all partner fulfillment.
5. Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
6. All other duties as assigned
- Student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Sales, Hospitality or related field
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and data entry
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow up consistently
- Email and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Previous office experience preferred
- Previous AirVenture volunteer experience a plus
Attention to Details - Completes and maintains high level of accuracy of even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors; quickly and accurately identifies differences when comparing letters, objects, numbers, symbols and/or patterns
Listen Attentively - Demonstrates genuine interest and empathy; listens patiently and carefully to input; correctly interprets nonverbal behaviors; clarifies others’ points of view; and listens well in a group.
Show Drive and Initiative - Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity; is committed to the organization
Create Member Loyalty - Understands the member’s requirements and expectations; delivers on commitments to members; provides value and ensures exceptional member experiences; seeks feedback from members; effectively recovers from mistakes; removes barriers to customer service; builds a member-focused team
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
EAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.