Nutanix engineers are crafting a groundbreaking technology, building the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS. We’re using our love of programming and diverse backgrounds to deliver the simplicity and agility of popular public cloud services, but with the security and control that you need in a private cloud. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of idea.
The Role: MTS Intern
The Engineering Summer Internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skillset and interests. Some potential roles include (but not limited to) working on the core data path, storage and filesystems development, distributed systems, infrastructure and platform/hardware deployment, data protection and replication, tools and automation, development of a big data processing platform, development of the API and analytics platform, and Web and front-end UI/UX development.
Our MTS - QE team is tasked with test planning, test design, test automation and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. As a member of the QE team you must have experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking). The ability to think 'outside the box' is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the integrity of the product.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Writing New Automated test cases for existing and new features.
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures.
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Strong systems administration experience in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience developing automated tests in one of following programming. languages: Python/ Java
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.