Thermo Fisher Scientific
You will join a team of talented engineers and scientists, passionate about bringing actionable insights to precision oncology. Your primary responsibility will be to work within a cross-functional team to create internal software tools and applications to summarize analyses and generate metrics from Ion Reporter variant calling workflows.
When you are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The position is based in Ann Arbor, MI and is part of the extended Software and Informatics team within the Clinical Sequencing Division. The mission of this business unit is to develop next-generation sequencing based solutions to support research applications in oncology and other important unmet medical needs.
Qualified candidates will be a rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related field. In addition, candidates should have:
- Experience developing applications in Python and other scripting languages.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
- Experience using source control management tools (Git).
- Growing knowledge of software engineering practices, including Agile/Scrum.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.,) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, while also communicating status and next steps effectively to team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain thorough and accurate documentation of all work.