The Engineering Development Group (EDG) is a key leadership development program in MathWorks, enabling successful candidates from a variety of technical backgrounds multiple opportunities to develop and demonstrate their skills for a rewarding career.
Specifically, team members in the EDG for Technical Sales program will develop additional skills (leadership and technical), work on projects with the MathWorks Sales team, and contribute to collaborative work. EDG team members receive mentoring and coaching that enables them to transition into a successful role within the MathWorks Sales organization, where they will work directly with customers, the sales team, and implementation partners to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- As a member of the EDG for Technical Sales program, you will engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine their needs and identify opportunities to fulfill their needs with MathWorks’ products. More specifically, you will:
- Demonstrate technical and leadership skills. Develop leadership skills through opportunities to show initiative, lead process improvements, and coach & mentor others.
- Specialize and develop deeper technical skills in your domain and MathWorks’ product suites.
- Engage with MathWorks’ customers on complex technical issues in MATLAB, Simulink, and our entire suite of products.
- Benefit from extensive learning opportunities through training, mentorship, and knowledge sharing forums.
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Bachelors (for our Undergraduate program) or Masters/Ph.D. (for our Graduate program) in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong academic record
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Customer-focused, highly responsive, and collaborative
- Strong interest in selling/Sales
- Programming skills in MATLAB a plus
- Prior sales experience is a plus