General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
General Atomics Inertial Fusion Technology (IFT) division designs, manufactures and characterized first-of-a-kind precision components in support of the national labs, fusion and science technologies. Components are manufactured and measured on a variety of highly-specialized and precise equipment and are often millimeter in scale with micron-sized features and tolerances.
We have an exciting internship opportunity for an undergraduate student studying a major in computer science to work within our Business and Production Process group supporting our Inertial Fusion Technology (IFT) division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in mapping data flows and identifying improvements that will result in databasing of Business and Production Processes
- Assists in User Requirements definition and transitioning requirements to developmental instructions that will result in databasing of Business and Production Processes
- Assists in Developing User Manuals for newly developed solutions
- Assist in tool development to improve processes
- May assist in production tooling and machine automation where necessary
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve problems.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.