Van Metre Companies
As Junior Content and Communications Coordinator, you will be responsible for translating business objectives and strategy into compelling written content. In this newly created position, you will work with both our Investment Properties and New Homes Marketing teams to promote Van Metre's brand identity in an all-inclusive way.
- Write, edit and publish content on a variety of platforms to include the company website, blogs, articles and press releases, social media, and other formats to promote Van Metre's products and services
- Monitor and adjust content to fit within brand guidelines and ensure marketing ideas coincide with the company's brand and mission statement
- Assist with the development and writing of marketing materials, such as plans, recommendations and presentations
- Adhere to and adjust the company's content calendar
- Research industry related topics and consumer demand and explore ways to increase it
- Analyze the company's social media presence and create social media content in order to build the brand's following
- Advises marketing directors and managers on ways to improve or update public image
- Serves as point of contact for media inquiries
- 2-3 years' experience writing for an agency or corporation
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, English, or Marketing
- Media relations experience, including established relationships with a variety of media outlets
- Knowledge of effective marketing strategies
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Proficient software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint Online, Adobe and InDesign
- Demonstrates knowledge of website design and html code
- Creative, innovative and analytical thinker
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company's founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company's emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.