The Software Design Engineering Intern will be based in Irving, TX . As a Software Design Engineering Intern, you will work under the supervision of senior software designers to design and develop software for medical products. You will understand the design requirements, assist in the development of the software solution, and design using latest software tools. You will participate in developing and testing software as well as be involved in software verification. Additionally, as part of working with a talented software engineering team, you will gain significant understanding in the overall product development for life cycle for engineering groundbreaking medical equipment.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Perform and support hands-on development of software modules in C or C++
- Develop test methods for software unit testing
- Work closely with software and hardware engineers to support hands on development and bring-up of hardware boards and platforms
- Collaborate with cross functional team members in developing products
- Work from requirements to design effective and cost-efficient solutions
- Work through static analysis reports to understand deficiencies in the software making corrections to provide superior quality
- Implement software for medical device products under the guidance of a Senior Software Engineer. This may include developing software for medical equipment such as an AED, an infusion pump or a powered wheelchair.
- Implement test routines for performing unit testing or automated reliability testing.
- Software tool admin activities.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Execute software test protocols and document results.
- Learn Agile Scrum development methodology
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Currently enrolled, 3rd or 4th year and pursuing degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, from an accredited university
- Available for 10-12 weeks during summer term (between May – September)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
Knowledge in developing software in C or C++. Additional scripting languages such as python desired.
- Conceptual understanding of development software embedded in electronic systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with software development tools such as IDE’s, static analysis tools and performing code reviews.
Job CategoryIntern Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected] Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: [email protected]