All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Microelectronics Intern Researcher for an internship opportunity. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Microelectronics Technology Department in the Electronics and Photonics Laboratory in the Physical Sciences Laboratory.
- Performs electrical characterization microelectronic devices.
- Assembles experimental electrical test setups.
- Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs.
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks.
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Bachelor’s degree completed and currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Masters or PhD in physics, chemistry, electrical and computer engineering, or related program.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience with semiconductor or microelectronics characterization
- Basic chemistry knowledge
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations
- Experience using Matlab, Labview, and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in a cryogenic and/or vacuum testing laboratory environment.
- Advanced electrical testing knowledge and experience, such as RF or pulsed device testing, wafer probing, or device packaging.
- Experience working as part of a team on complex projects under tight schedules.
- Participation in extracurricular activities related to engineering.
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation’s independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Intern
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Engineer, Electrical, Temporary, Security Clearance, Science, Engineering, Contract, Government