Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 194169
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
The New Product Verification Department is devoted to assuring safe, reliable, and effective products that exceed patient, surgeon, and hospital expectations. The department plays a vital role in product and process quality, in new product development and production, and in the quality of da Vinci Surgical System product lines, including diagnostic systems, instrumentation, and supporting accessories. The Test Engineering Intern will work with a team of dedicated individuals within a product development team to assure the quality of new designs, to identify issues related to new designs and processes, and to work with Test Engineers to develop harmonized test methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate Test Protocols for Design Verification and Reliability Testing
- Execute Design Verification and Reliability testing and document it in test reports
- Identifies and reports problems that arise during feasibility and design verification testing, and escalates new or persistent failure modes to appropriate engineering teams.
- Interact with cross functional teams to develop test plans
- Designs test fixtures and other test aids needed to perform Design Verification and Life/Reliability tests
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level
- Ability identify and solve mechanical issues
- Hands on testing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to perform Design Verification and Reliability Testing
- Ability to document findings in formal reports and protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot da Vinci instruments
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.