Intern - Program Management
Summary of Position
Amicus Therapeutics is a global, patient-dedicated biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and delivering high-quality medicines for people living with rare metabolic diseases.
Level Up @ Amicus is our Summer Internship Program, created to give students an opportunity for experiential learning in a corporate environment. This is a meaningful, mutually beneficial program where students will bring innovation and drive that will help us reach our goals. In turn, our highly-skilled Amicus team will help students apply what they already know and broaden their knowledge base.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) paid internship that will run from May 18, 2020 until August 14, 2020. For best consideration, candidates should apply by no later than February 9, 2020.
The Pompe Program Management Intern will support the Pompe Medicines Lead and the Pompe Program Manager with daily tasks and special projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Intern is responsible for:
- Supporting Pompe Team meetings and take accurate notes to create summaries, support work streams coming out of the meetings.
- Supporting team in updating program timelines and tracking key objectives.
- Supporting team on presentation content and documentation development and helping with organizing files and other content on SharePoint.
- Providing ad hoc tactical support to Program Management team as needed.
- Supporting the team in process optimization or implementing new processes to better support program team and the broader organization.
Developmental, Experiential & Educational Value (for Summer Intern)
- Describe the key skills, experiences and overall learnings the student will gain
- The summer internship provides the student with an opportunity to obtain valuable professional experience working in a research based pharmaceutical company and gain an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical drug development process.The student will be embedded in a high performing program team supporting drug development activities in the rare /orphan disease space and will be mentored by knowledgeable mentors.
- Learn Project and Program Management skills and ability to navigate work in a global matrix organization.
- Being able to collaborate with key internal and external partners in support of Program deliverables.
- Being able to communicate effectively with colleagues across the organization.
Qualifications and Background Requirements
- Must be a current student to apply (rising junior, rising senior or a Graduate student)
- Recent graduates with strong potential for immediate conversion to full-time employment may be considered.
Ideal Educational Experience:
- Under minimal supervision, performs all responsible tasks.
- Able to communicate & coordinate effectively with stakeholders regarding schedule and impact of work being performed.
- Must be deadline driven, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point), and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills and a strong desire to learn; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- This position will be based at Cranbury, NJ