This position is for an Engineering Drafter
The contract duration is 1 year.
The engineer drafter is responsible for creating and maintaining engineering drawings for after market aircraft products and modifications throughout the product design including: top level, subassembly, and installation drawings. The drafter will be responsible for obtaining and reviewing the data on the drawing as well as compliance with drawing standards. The drafter will also be responsible for verifying part dimensions and installation as well as effectivity.
Job roles include:
- Creating and maintaining engineering drawings.
- Communicating with engineers, vendors, and project stakeholders to ensure drawings and documents are accurate and depict all necessary details
- Reviewing critical design aspects including dimensions, finishing, and compliance with drawing standards.
- Maintains system and product data base by entering data.
- Completes projects and helps in guiding aircraft and Engineering technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be self-driven and be able to actualize on proposed deadlines.
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Good organizational skills and ability to follow directions a must
- The drafter may be responsible for authoring paperwork to approve and substantiate drawings and their changes.
- Work location: Atlanta, GA, relocation not provided
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Experience in aerospace or related fields a plus
- Must be skilled in Autodesk Autocad
- Must be skilled in a 3D cad software such as Autocad Inventor, Solidworks, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
- Must be able to pass background check
- May be required to travel to offsite locations and work outside
- Ability and willingness to work off-shift (including nights, weekends, or holidays) and beyond 40 hours a week to meet project deadlines.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Atlanta, GA (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented