Asheville, NC - Reail Distribution Center
Are you curious about a career in Distribution or Supply Chain? J.Crew has an exciting opportunity for hands-on learning that can start you on the part to an amazing career!
J.Crew is currently seeking Distribution Operation Interns. J.Crew is among the most selective in the industry because we do place a high value on fostering the next generation of talent. We will be scouting for rising seniors and 2020 graduates interested in starting on a path to an amazing career. At J.Crew, you will gain an educational experience in a high-volume retail distribution environment by working with experienced managers.
- Serve as a team lead to help run distribution center department floor
- Shadow documentation and coaching discussions with associates
- Attend budget meeting & daily updates
- Assist with shift start-up meetings
- Learn and train on standard operating procedures applied in a distribution/supply chain operation
- Day in the life of a Supervisor – Lead a team of associates while managing to budget and ensuring production goals are accomplished.
- Lean Process Improvement – Develop, expand and improve on a growing lean environment. Utilize Six Sigma tools to drive improvements to customers, minimize waste all without sacrificing productivity.
- Leadership Onboarding – Review and revise current leadership directory.
- Internship is designed for rising seniors or 2020 college graduates
- Currently enrolled in a related degree program – Business, Supply Chain, Management
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form with associates and all levels of management
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task
- Able to prioritize without direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- 10 week paid internship
- Housing Allowance
- Associate discount
- Located in Asheville, NC
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.