At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
E komo mai! Come be a part of our growing ‘Ohana! Hawaiian Airlines (HA) is seeking college students who are interested in joining our 2020 Summer Internship program in Phoenix, Arizona. We are offering a paid internship program that will give college students the opportunity to work on exciting projects and interact with professional experts in their chosen field. During the eight-week program (6/22/20 – 8/14/20), interns will learn about the airline industry and gain valuable transferable skills that will prepare them for their future. Interns will be partnered with a mentor in one of Hawaiian Airlines’ Information Technology departments.
- Customer Experience, Kiosk
- Customer Experience, Web
Hawaiian Airlines is seeking interns with the following key attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, strong problem-solving skills, organized and detail oriented
- Able to work well on teams and take initiative
- Passionate about the airline industry and Hawaiian Airlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint (there are additional programs that proficiency will be required based on the department.)
- Able to handle confidential information and be professional
- Demonstrates and exhibits HA's purpose and values:
- Our purpose - To connect people with Aloha
- Our values - Malama (Care), Ho'okipa (Hospitality), Lokahi (Collaboration) and Po'okela (Excellence)
- Eligible to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship, such as an H-1B visa, by Hawaiian Airlines
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in the semester, quarter, or trimester after the 2020 summer internship is completed
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher at the time of application
- Available to participate in the eight-week internship period from Monday, June 22, 2020 through Friday, August 14, 2020 and intern 40 hours per week in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Responsibilities will vary for each department. Please refer to the internship recruiting page by clicking here.
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 91st year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers nonstop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.