New York Power Authority
The Summer Developmental Intern program is ideal for a college or graduate level student interested in …
- Exploring how hydropower, energy efficiency, electric vehicles and more exciting initiatives are changing the power industry
- Seeing firsthand what it’s like to work for New York State, including exposure to labor unions and collective bargaining agreements
- Learning about NYPA’s commitment to New York State citizens and the communities where our generation facilities are hosted
- Visiting the Blenheim-Gilboa power project to see up close how our power is made and how important pumped storage is to reliable electricity in New York
- Gaining a foundation on the energy regulations that govern our industry
The Mechanical Engineering intern will help support the Mechanical Maintenance department at the Blenheim-Gilboa Power Project in Gilboa, NY.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support Mechanical Maintenance with RCM by linking spare parts in Maximo and verifying proper manuals are attached to Assets.
- Identify Assets within the plant, verify proper information is attached and attach photos.
- Review all greases and oils that are stock items, verify that they are associated with an Asset and develop a spreadsheet for craft use.
- Assist with Lubrication testing program development and refinement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Collaborative and team orientated
- Customer-focused especially when dealing with vendors and internal clients
- Asset managment, MAXIMO software experience desired.
Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with a focus in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.