Intern, Lipid Mass Spectrometry - Metabolism and Proteomics
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for a dynamic Intern to join our growing Metabolism and Proteomics team. The intern in lipid mass spectrometry will assist on analytical development for projects concerning the identification of mechanisms by which cancer cells evade the immune system. The intern will work closely with a member(s) of the metabolism and proteomics team and engage with members of the immune-oncology group to learn the details of on-going projects that will require novel method development. This internship is intended to help expand the analytical capabilities of the cell metabolism group to more accurately profile macromolecules using mass spectrometry.
- Research and implement analytical techniques for the detection and quantitation of macromolecules.
- Modify these techniques for the detection of the macromolecules from complex matrices.
- Use these newly developed techniques to answer novel biological questions.
- Participate and attend team meeting and an internal poster session
- Maintain good written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions
- Basic laboratory skills
- Undergraduate course work in biology, biochemistry, and chemistry
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Be able to start on Monday, June 1 and stay until Friday, August 14.
- In final year of undergraduate training
- Basic knowledge of Immunology and/or cancer biology
- Experience with sample preparation for mass spectrometry
- Experience with LC-MS/MS or MALDI-MS/MS