Current employees are eligible to apply for an internship using our internal posted jobs process. Benefits and seniority may be impacted. If you meet the requirements, the recruiter will discuss the impact to benefit eligibility.
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a student Intern who will work in the Retail Support Department. Starting immediately, the ideal candidate has the potential to work and learn with us throughout his/her college career. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience with a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with an 86 year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday - Friday, hours varies between 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (20 hours or more per week)
Candidates must live within commuting distance to Collegedale, Tennessee.
You’ll learn from a great team of technical support professionals! As an Intern in Sales Information Systems, you will facilitate system upgrades, new functionality, development/testing, and troubleshooting of hardware as well as purchased and in-house developed applications. Specific duties may include:
- Provide help-desk services to a remote, mobile sales force
- Ensure simplicity of application design and accurate information
- Coordinate operating system, user updates and virus protection for all remote users
- Collect data from call logs and provide reports on call volume, duration and resolution in an effort to identify potential system improvements
- Coordinate with all departments involved to provide needed. equipment and software for all new users insuring usability throughout the network, remote connections and email
- Establish and maintain a quality relationship with the sales force and provide excellent customer service
- Make McKee Foods a stable part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded information technology professional!
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year college degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or equivalent study
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Masters student
- Ability to plan, organize and follow through on tasks
- Ability to clearly document procedures, problems, solutions, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Excellent customer-support skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers using Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows applications
- Acts in accordance with ethical standards
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with minimal supervision
- 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Prior work in a computer-related field or helpdesk experience
- Experience providing support or instruction on PC’s and applications
Benefits (for intern new hires)
- Competitive pay scale
- Flexible hours around school schedule
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
- Please note: Spare and limited employees (including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.