***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Missile Systems is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems
Interns can expect to have exposure to what a Quality professionals does on a daily basis and have some hands on experience in portions of their job responsibilities. Quality professionals are involved from design to field support, to program management. Our world-class Quality Professionals exhibit critical and systemic thinking, develop metrics and measures to verify and improve performance, and design/develop solutions to improve our process/services and products. Our team embraces new and complex challenges in concert and collaboration within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment. We are the Customer’s conscience.
Missile System’s Q&MA Mission is to “Prevent, Protect, and Improve”:
- Prevent defects, non-compliances, and escapes.
- Protect the integrity of the Quality Management System.
- Improve continuously our products, processes, and tools.
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree of science in Science, Technology or Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical) or Mathematics (Physics, Chemistry) or other closely related discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Have the ability to obtain a final DoD SECRET security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- College course work that included C/C++ or Java
- Knowledge in the use of Pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent writing, speaking, analytical, organizational skills
This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, ST03, ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
- ST02 (Sophmore Technical Intern) - must have completed 30 hours of college
- ST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- ST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of college
ST05 (Post Grad Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of college
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson is a community with a growing metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful cacti, and some unique wildlife, Tucson is recognized as one of America’s 10 best small cities. Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.