Application Systems Analyst Programmer (ASAP) - Entry Level
Horace Mann Service Corporation
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two teachers who saw the need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN).
As a leading insurance and financial services company focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers and employees of other non-profit organizations, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Application Systems Analyst Programmer (ASAP) within the Information Technology Division located in Springfield, IL.
In this role, you will work primarily in .NET systems supporting our auto rate revision process enterprise-wide. This role is accountable for working in a software development role within a structured project life cycle with structured requirements, quality assurance, and implementation processes. This is the perfect role for someone looking for their initial exposure working within a structured development team as well as getting their foot-in-the-door with a great company.
- Assist in information gathering and analysis.
- Document, develop and unit test code, based on approved designs.
- Support application software by fixing problems and making enhancements.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages.
- Some knowledge of web design languages, scripting tools and protocols.
- Some knowledge of software development lifecycle and project life cycle principles.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Advances job knowledge to next level by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Proactively provides status, raises issues and communicate necessary information on a regular basis via daily stand-up meetings, one-on-one meetings and / or impromptu occasions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or prior intern experience in app dev space
- Demonstrated ability working within in a team environment
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.