Hachette Book Group
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Communications Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress and InDesign
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
What you will learn:
- Assist in managing and updating content on company intranet site, Bookends
- Post content to HBG’s consumer website (press releases, news archives, etc.).
- Work with SVP, Communications Director to collect and disseminate relevant digital news in the weekly Digital Digest.
- Support for various Office Life initiatives including internal messaging and in-office branding.
- Assist in managing HBG’s Frankfurt Book Fair party invitation list
- Draft content for weekly and quarterly internal newsletters, and other internal communications projects
- Assist with development of new content channels and strategies via the HBG intranet
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter.