All Star Directories
Who We Are
Since 2001, All Star Directories has been empowering people to advance their careers and improve their lives through education. As an independent marketing and technology company, we build long-term relationships with higher education institutions across the nation while providing millions of students with the resources they need to help them reach their goals.
At All Star, we pride ourselves on our authenticity, accountability, and flexibility. Our team is made up of hardworking, collaborative, and highly motivated people who strive to stay ahead of industry trends. Here, we work in an Agile environment on challenging projects both big and small, with each day offering new opportunities for growth.
All of our hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries, incredible benefits, and serious fun. After all, as an employee-owned company, we care about the people who work here just as much as the customers we serve. Joining the All Star team means generous PTO, in-office massages, and a fully-stocked fridge. (Oh, and your dog can join us too.) We also care deeply about our community, offering paid volunteer days off as well as toy, school-supplies and clothing drives throughout the year.
The All Star technology department is looking for a Jr. Software Engineer to become an integral part of our team. We're a closely-knit group that embraces change and seeks constant improvement.
The Jr. Software Engineer is a talented person with a strong interest in object-oriented analysis and design with development experience. You'll be instrumental in the development, deployment, and maintenance of state-of-the-art lead delivery systems at All Star.
What you'll do
- Design and implement robust, scalable solutions for business requirements
- Contribute to the daily maintenance, stability, and tuning of existing processes
- Collaborate with team members to achieve the best possible solutions
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to the team in a timely manner
- Work closely with your scrum team to ensure high-quality deliverables are produced
- Participate in Scrum planning and prioritization meetings
- Participate in definition and clarification of business and product requirements and drive technical/solution approaches to satisfying requirements
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
Essential Skills & Qualities
- 1+ years experience with relational databases (MySQL/Oracle/SQLServer)
- Proficiency developing software on UNIX-like platforms, such as Red Hat Linux
- Familiarity with IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc)
- Familiarity with revision control tools (Git)
Nice-to-have Experience & Qualities:
- Strong personal and professional initiative and passion for building products
- Familiarity with testing and analysis tools (JUnit)
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Java 11
- Familiarity with Apache Web Server
- Understands how to make a Docker image for a Java project
- Strong and demonstrated desire to learn, grow and develop professionally and personally
- A focus on the success of the team and organization
- Experience with Web application frameworks (Core Spring MVC, Hibernate, Tomcat/Jetty)
From: All Star Directories
We provide a full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Commuter benefits (ORCA card or parking stipend)
- Generous PTO and Volunteer Time Off
- Eight paid holidays
- Full kitchen with coffee and snacks
- An amazing office one block from Pike Place Market with views of Elliot Bay.