- Interacts with product development team to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Assists test engineering team in the development of test processes and the interpretation of the test results.
- Compiles test lab data which may include R&D development, qualification and test support for manufacturing.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing test data and make recommendations.
- Suggests corrective action for procedures and product deficiencies.
- Assists with the preparation of documentation for product design and improvements, which include design reviews, product specifications, statement of work, manufacturing process procedures.
- Assists in the development of procedures and tools for testing, calibration and verification of equipment.
- Develops and validates new processes and procedures to increase the product quality and affordability
- Works cross-functionally to assure equipment is properly tested, calibrated and certified.
- Applies basic knowledge of engineering mathematics, mechanics, and materials
- Works cross-functionally to help define the customer life cycle, test requirements and formulates into internal methods and procedures.
- Collaborates with internal design and manufacturing personnel as well as government programs and other external customer personnel.
- Provides support for failure investigations and corrective actions.
- Uses established procedures and works under immediate supervision.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
- Performs job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with requirements, standards and applicable regulatory authorities, and maintains product integrity
- Performs verification and analysis using software tools to determine compliance to customer requirements and product specifications; writes corresponding test reports
- Works with cross-functional team to draft component specification, design reviews, works with vendors to manufacture parts and validate results by specifying test parameters and methodologies
- Provides manufacturing support assuring products are built according to customer requirements and product specifications. Assist in performing failure analysis and corrective actions when necessary
- Assists in development of manufacturing test equipment of the electro-optic sighting device
- Currently enrolled in Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- US citizenship or permanent residence is required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Basic statistical data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills
- Proactive work ethic and energy
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot technical issues
- Hands-on aptitude with electro-mechanical product
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, power meters, and laser beam analyzers
- Basic ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams