CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Paid Intern
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
This role is within the CNET Media Group (CMG) organization, home to the biggest brands in publishing: CNET, Gamespot, TV Guide, Metacritic and many more. From massive events like CES and E3, to helping you buy your next phone or deciding what to watch on TV, CNET Media Group is at the center of tech innovation in publishing. Not just at the center; we’re #1. And we want you to be a part of it.
As a Product Manager Intern at CNET, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the vehicle through which we inform millions of people about the latest in the world of technology. You’ll need to bridge the technical and business spheres, defining new product ideas and working closely with designers and engineers to launch them. By the end of the summer, you’ll have gone through the full product development cycle, gained a deep understanding of the publishing business, and you’ll have a feature out there in the wild with your name on it (figuratively). Oh yea, and you’ll have had a ton of fun as well - we’re in San Francisco after all!
- Define product experiences with design
- Write and maintain detailed product requirement specs
- Assist with QA to ensure those requirements are met
- Closely collaborate with engineering to manage resources and scope to ensure effective execution against deadlines
- Develop quantitative hypotheses for new projects, and analyze data to see if projects meet success criteria, and/or to investigate unexplained increases/decrease to KPIs
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week
- This is a paid internship and can be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Majoring in either software engineering, business, or a related field
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written/presentation communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to self-start, thrive under pressure, and function effectively in a fast paced environment
- Passion for technology and/or news media
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled