Grand Circle Corporation
Junior Business Intelligence Developer / Analyst
Grand Circle Corporation is an award-winning, global travel company that is the world leader in travel for those aged 50 and above. Our core asset is our people, and we have a strong culture in place where individuals are encouraged to grow both professionally and personally. The core of our unique work environment rests on two essential elements: culture and values. Our values shape our decisions, give direction to our growth, and allow us to measure success. If you are looking for the potential for unlimited career growth, aren’t satisfied with the status quo, are excited to transform your environment, and would love to enrich your life by seeing the world, Grand Circle Corporation is the place for you!
Support of multiple business units through Business Intelligence reporting (Tableau, Alteryx, SSRS etc.) utilizing available data processed through internal Data Warehouse.
- Design & develop Business Intelligence software engineering solutions for dashboards, scorecards, scheduled reports, ad hoc queries, & decision support
- Design operational & strategic metric solutions based on high-level customer software specifications
- Partner with key business owners on project & enhancement prioritization, end user training, Business Intelligence application & solutions testing, etc.
- Adhere to and drive Business Intelligence software engineering development and usability standards for Email, File and Sales Department.
- Analyze, understand and troubleshoot data flow from source systems to Data Warehouse
- Prepare documentation that defines and prioritizes end-user requirements
- Develop business-oriented metadata definitions
- Interface with Data Warehouse software engineering & architectural technical staff to provide complex data requirements for Data Warehouse projects.
- Provide data solutions expertise & the capacity to learn relevant business processes.
- Design and develop training for end users on Business Intelligence solutions.
- Have end-user interaction from user level to first-line management level.
- Lead small to medium projects under minimal direction.
- Be able to estimate & manage project tasks, anticipate issues & resolve problems.
Top 3 Goals:
- Create and maintain standardized dashboards/reports (using Tableau reporting tool) for Executive team and each department to show business results vs goals as well as standard business metrics (Sales, Pax, TPCs)
- Work with DW Team to build and implement Reporting/Analytical data marts for each department/subject area (Marketing datamart, Call Center datamart, Web datamart, Email datamart, etc.)
- Work with business unit Analysts to create and maintain trusted data sources (using Tableau reporting tool and Alteryx data prep tool) to ensure they have access to accurate data for their analysis and ad/hoc reporting
- At least 3 years of experience working as a BI Developer with experience supporting DW environment.
- Strong SQL skills/experience required. As well as at least 3 years’ experience working with Oracle, Toad, & Java Scripting
- 2-3 years of experience with Tableau, Alteryx and SSRS. Comparable experience with Business Objects, Cognos, Qlikview or equivalent may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or related field (OR) Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task. Must be detail oriented & able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible, cooperative work style with ability to reprioritize at a moment’s notice.
- Excellent quantitative & analytical skills.
- Experience in Python, R, Spark is a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability to learn & work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment that values thriving in change.
- Good knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivots, calculations, etc.)
- Detailed & process oriented. The position requires an excellent grasp of often-changing details.
- Travel Discounts to 80+ Countries on all 7 continents
- Exceptional Vacation Benefits
- Paid Sabbatical every 5 years
- Education Reimbursement
- Personal Growth Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K benefits
- Significant personal travel discounts MBTA T pass subsidy of 100% or Parking subsidy of 45%
- Wellness program with on-site Health Coach, fitness center & complimentary fitness classes