Junior Software Test Engineer / Junior QA Engineer
Verata Health is a fast-growing, venture-backed tech company here in Orlando that is rapidly transforming healthcare. We are a team of serial entrepreneurs, health care experts, and tech leaders, all grounded in a shared passion for improving healthcare and working with great people. Leveraging truly cutting-edge AI built by a team that previously developed AI systems for Apple, Google, and SpaceX, we are actively helping physicians and hospital systems dramatically improve patient satisfaction, reduce cost and improve quality.
Our products are being used by healthcare organizations around the country, and we’re looking for a highly motivated, driven Junior Software Test Engineer to join our team. You will play an important role in testing our software before it reaches our healthcare customers. Your work will impact the company's mission, and the products you work on will be used by a wide variety of customers, from small physician practices to large hospital systems.
This role is an excellent entry point into our company and there is significant potential for earning additional responsibility as well as for promotion.
As a Junior Software Test Engineer you will:
- Develop and execute software tests to identify software problems and their causes.
- Create and execute the test strategies, test plans, and test cases as needed.
- Train and mentor junior staff in best practices, system knowledge, and processes.
- Document software and application defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to software or web developers.
- Demonstrate speed and robustness in longitudinal tracking.
- Parse and create relevant bugs based on analysis of log information.
Our Junior Software Test Engineer must have:
- A detail-oriented personality, and also be highly motivated and driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in software testing.
- An undergraduate degree in science, engineering, math or computer science, or similar
- Ability to pass PHI handling test.
Of note, experience testing systems with multiple data sources and/or experience in web testing, including content verification and web services testing are desired but not required.
Verata’s Orlando office is near UCF (cross streets are Rouse Road & University Boulevard). This role requires work to be done from our office.
We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K), commuter benefits, paid vacation and holidays, flexibility with working hours and many other benefits. For those who are interested, company swag is available. We offer free parking for all team members.
Note: Background checks and drug screens are performed
Job Type: Full-time
- software: 2 years (Required)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oviedo, FL (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday