Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D/Big Data Lab
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Intern, Full-Time
Duration: May 2020-August 2020
Hitachi America, Ltd. ( http://www.hitachi-america.us/ ) has openings for Summer Interns in the Industrial AI Laboratory located in Silicon Valley. The mission of this laboratory is to help create new and innovative solutions that utilize artificial intelligence and advanced analytics for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The laboratory focuses on research, technology innovation, proof-of-concept activities, technical marketing and business development for novel AI solutions, leveraging Hitachi’s technologies, reinforcing Hitachi’s messaging around big data, and establishing Hitachi as a leader in Industrial AI.
We are seeking interns in machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning), robotics, analytics, etc. to work on developing innovate algorithms and solutions for smart industry, social innovation and the industrial Internet of Things. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to solve challenging real-world problems, and to contribute solutions that will benefit society. You will work in a team environment with significant interaction with researchers.
More information about the research done at the Industrial AI Laboratory can be found at:
More information about Hitachi Industrial IoT technology can be found at:
· A current Masters or Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or related fields.
· Research experience in deep learning, reinforcement learning, and other machine learning algorithms and their applications is required.
· Knowledge of time series analysis techniques is a plus.
· Good programming skills and knowledge of data science tools and libraries in Python or R is required.
· Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and knowledge of big data platforms is a plus.
· A record of publications in top machine learning or data mining conferences or journals is a plus.
· In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following behavioral characteristics:
o Must have strong problem-solving skills
o Must be highly-motivated team player who can thrive in a dynamic startup-like environment
o Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.