Ascension Wisconsin, WI
We Are Hiring
Nurse Intern (Union) - Nursing Administration 002 - PRN Days - St. Francis - Milwaukee, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) preceptor, provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Completes assigned nursing orders as directed by preceptor, including assisting patient with activities of daily living and taking vital signs.
- Observes patient status and responses. Documents and reports observations and discrete data elements to preceptor or other appropriate staff. Assists preceptor with overall assessments of patient condition.
- Assists preceptor with development of plan of care by reporting test results and patient observations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including environmental services and preparing/transporting patients for diagnostic services.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Successful completion of one semester of nursing clinical (preferably a med-surg clinical) with a grade of C or above required
- CNA/PCA experience preferred.