General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics Information Technology is currently seeking a full-time Civil Engineer for our office at the FAA’s National Airport Pavement Test Facility. This position is located in Atlantic City Airport – William J. Hughes Technical Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to the FAA client on airport and aviation matters including construction, maintenance, evaluation, and design.
- Assist in the management of projects including analyze drawings, calculate cost, and determining feasibility of projects.
- Preparation of engineering design reports, construction plans, and contract documents/technical specifications.
- Inspect airport construction projects to monitor progress and ensure conformance to FAA specifications.
- Management of the FAA project portfolio to ensure projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum: 4-year engineering degree from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree in civil engineering (M.S. or Ph.D.) from an accredited college or university with a specialization related to pavement design or materials is preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in civil engineering
- Basic knowledge of civil engineering design, systems, calculations, along with application of engineering methods and construction methods and materials.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team and in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Pass standard background check
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Care, etc.
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- 401k Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.