Engineering Systems Inc.
Provide technical support and assist Engineers with structural engineering work. Under the direction of an Engineer, this position will include the documentation of damaged or other existing structures, structural analysis to design repairs for these structures, and reports and drawings to convey the results of these analyses.
- Site visits to perform inspections of existing structures.
- Dimensional documentation of structures and understanding of existing structural systems.
- Condition assessment or damage documentation of damaged or other existing structures.
- Reviewing literature, drawings, reports, or other documentation related to project work.
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings detailing proposed repairs or retrofits to existing structures.
- Using analysis software such as SAP2000 to perform structural analysis.
- Using programs such as MathCAD or Excel to organize and present calculations and data.
- Preparing technical reports to convey the results of analyses or inspections.
AutoCAD, SAP2000, Excel, Word
Completed 3 years of college in Structural Engineering program
Other Skills/Abilities or Other Qualifications:
Strong Mechanic aptitude.
Any experience performing field investigations, structural inspections, structural analysis, structural design, technical report writing and preparation is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to stand, crawl sometimes in confined spaces, walk on uneven work surfaces or elevated areas such as roofs and balconies, climb ladders, sit, and occasionally lift up to 50#.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee will be exposed to while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing inspections in exterior, interior, rooftop, crawl space, attic space, water structures, inspections from a small boat, along with typical office-related work. The work will involve performing these duties out of doors from time to time in extreme and varied climate conditions.Application Instructions
From there you will;
- Create a profile
- Complete the application
- Upload your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are suited for this opportunity including your salary requirements.
It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you need assistance with completing the electronic application, please email your request to [email protected]