The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
IT Support Specialist I
In support of this, the IT Support Specialist will interact with students and staff through inbound calls, voicemail, and email to produce a stable, consistent, and dependable Service Desk. As a point of contact between the IT department, staff, and students, the IT Support Specialist will provide high-quality customer service and represent the company professionally at all times.
- Promptly answer requests for assistance from students and staff
- Prepare for and participate in all scheduled training sessions
- Provide timely follow up to any requests not resolved during the initial request for assistance
- Ensure accurate and precise data entry of all service desk contact into tracking system
- Escalate and/or refer any requests for assistance that require action or expertise outside of the scope of the Service Desk
- Provide assistance to and report to any other requests made by the IT Support Manager
- Attend all work shifts promptly and completely
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks
- Attention to Detail
- Introductory training in configuration of network hardware and computer systems
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Technical proficiency
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year of experience working with IT helpdesks or in other IT related positions, or equivalent educational experience
- Microsoft Office and anti-virus software experience required
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire based on Help Desk problem resolution percentage, problem response time, resolution satisfaction, support call times, and support area statistics (online vs. campus, staff calls, student calls, etc.).
This specification is intended to indicate management’s designation of the position’s essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
We are People-Focused - We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious and productive people, and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly and select the highest caliber people available - ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues - The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
CREDO - We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills, and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
CEHE is a drug-free environment and we perform drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer - We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.
I have reviewed the above job description, which sets out the essential job functions of my position, and certify that I can perform all the essential functions with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of my job due to a physical or mental impairment, I agree to notify my manager immediately and agree to cooperate with the Company to identify reasonable accommodations that will allow me to perform the essential functions of my job in a satisfactory manner. I further agree to contact Human Resources if I am concerned that the interactive process or the offered accommodations do not adequately address my needs.