Quality Control Laboratory Intern
We are looking for top of market talent to help grow and innovate our company as a summer intern. If you are someone who embraces challenge, fosters innovation, and desires to make a difference in the world, then let’s talk.
At Thorne we make products that matter - ones that make people's lives better. Each day begins with a mission to help others discover and achieve their best health. We count on our team members to challenge and push the boundaries to make that happen. As a Quality Control Lab Summer Intern, you’ll be joining a team of more than 350 passionate individuals committed to our cause of providing superior health solutions.
A day in the life of a Quality Control Laboratory Intern at Thorne requires:
- Assisting Quality Control Analysts and Lab Technicians, Quality Control Data Analysts, and Quality Control Micro Analysts, as directed.
- Performing Quality Control related activities as assigned by the Director, Quality Control.
- Working under general supervision using qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Following laboratory procedures; attention to detail is essential.
- Following microbiology safety guidelines to prevent contamination and to ensure proper bio hazard waste
- Relying on instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of assigned tasks.
- Completing and maintaining all required documentation for procedures, recording work, and results.
- Learning and applying knowledge of relevant laboratory techniques.
- Demonstrating the ability to reproduce results accurately and consistently.
- Preparing solutions, samples, and reagents.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
What You Need:
- High school diploma & B.S. degree in chemistry or science-related field with a minimum of 12 hours credit in college chemistry or in-process work toward the degree is required.
A little bit more about us.
We are committed to providing personalized health solutions, cutting-edge home health test technology, and superior supplements. To do that, Thorne owns every step of its business, from R&D to product delivery and customer service. Currently, we are:
- The only company with exclusive partnerships with the Mayo Clinic and U.S. Olympic teams.
- The #1 prescribed practitioner brand to 30 to 40-year-olds.
- The #2 most dispensed supplement brand.
- The fastest growing supplement company with sales on Amazon; the #1 practitioner brand; with an average ranking of 4.42 of 5 stars.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others consider becoming part of the Thorne team.
THORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Some college or better
- High School or better