TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic college student to join the organization for an Engineering internship for the summer of 2020. The Engineering Intern will support continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing organization. The intern will be responsible for performing time studies and other data collection to assist with engineering improvement projects.
As an Intern, Engineering, your responsibilities will include:
- Learn TIC Gums manufacturing and engineering processes and technologies.
- Improve OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) for one critical work center. Spend time on plant floor to make personal observations, as well as collect data. Other data for the project can be collected from electronic systems. Utilize data and observations to make recommendations for the improvement.
- Assist manufacturing with root cause analysis by learning methodologies, collecting data, and making inferences.
- Assist engineers with daily tasks.
- Create documents that can be used for training production operators and/or serve as visual job aids.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines set-out for good housekeeping, GMPs, and safety.
- Present project status, updates, and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
The Intern, Engineering position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within the Manufacturing and Engineering teams.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Enjoy data analysis
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, either Chemical or Mechanical preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2020
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing/plant environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel; knowledge of other basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word and PowerPoint).
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. TIC Gums does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
Relocation Available:Yes, Within Country