SDSU Research Foundation
- Reviewing, analyzing and documenting specific operational procedures for existing solutions, and performing feasibility studies for new solutions.
- Designing, exercising and testing network models using vitalization.
- Designing, developing, testing and documenting networking modeling and architecture.
- Collecting test data and criteria to analyze, score, and evaluate.
- Performing data conversion and coding, and data analysis and data reduction.
- Writing, testing and documenting code.
- Installing and integrating software applications and hardware components.
- Resolving workstation hardware and software challenges.
Must have course work in the discipline requested on the task order Statement of Work. The student must have understanding of the discipline and theories, but can be without experience. This level is expected to need training and supervision.
Computer Science major (Sophomore or Junior)
REQUIRED COURSE WORK:
- Cisco network equipment, ISE.
- EMC networking software.
- Cloud-based processing.Systems engineering.
- Basic knowledge of IP networks and information security.
- Basic knowledge of compute infrastructure and server capabilities
- Familiarity with networking technologies.
- Shell scripting in windows PowerShell. PowerCLI is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Data processing, and data base implementation is a plus.
- VMWare modules.
- Network management and network monitoring.
Hardware environmental analysis.
This is a student position and is limited to working 20 hours per week
This position will remain open until filled
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer