Oncology & Radiation Associates
Under direct supervision, assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a clinical environment. Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures. Performs clinic support tasks including miscellaneous clerical tasks, answering phones, and maintaining physicians schedule. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
High school graduate or equivalent. Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred. This is an entry level position requiring 0-3 years experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant. Current BCLS certification required within 3 months of hire. Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment may occur.