We are a versatile creative studio of thinkers, strategists, designers, developers, artists, and writers.
We are currently seeking a Junior / Entry Level Web Designer / Developer. To assist in the development of websites.
- NO DEGREE OR FORMAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- We do not care how you gained your skills only that you have them
- A generally easy-going attitude is appreciated.
What you will be doing :
- Assisting in building websites using primarily WordPress as a platform.
- Problem-solving design implementation on websites using a variety of tools
- Using git to contribute to projects
- Using your HTML/CSS skills to get everything as pixel-perfect as possible
- Using FTP tools
- Using design tools to assist in the creation of assets for sites
- Updating existing websites with new content, assisting in the development and implementation of new features.
Candidates should :
- Be able to build and deploy a static site with a responsive design built using only HTML / CSS they wrote themselves
- Have a really good understanding of CSS and HTML
- Have some experience with a CSS preprocessor such as less / sass.
- Have an understanding of the basic functions used in illustrator/photoshop ( InDesign a plus )
- Have a basic knowledge of how to use a WordPress site
- Have an eye for graphic design.
Some nice to have skills that if you don't have, you will likely gain.
- Experience editing WordPress themes via CSS / PHP / HTML
- Experience scratch building WordPress themes
Candidates should submit their Qualifications via indeed with a link to a Site / Sites they have built or a personal portfolio for consideration. As stated before formal experience and a degree are not required for this position we only want to see that the candidate can perform the required tasks and has a desire to work in the web design/development field. Please see our website for samples of the kinds of work you could be involved in.
We are a very design heavy shop so if you don't enjoy making the pretty parts of websites and are looking for a pure web development position you should probably look elsewhere.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Auburn Hills, MI 48326 (Required)
- Please provide a Link or Links to previous projects you worked on or a portfolio displaying them. Please include a live version of at least one site if you are only supplying images otherwise.
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Flexible schedule