Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
SEL is hiring for a Software Engineering Intern to join the Communications group. In this role you will work with industrial grade network and satellite clock timing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support SEL’s software development process
2. Verify that software meets requirements.
3. Implement firmware/software design.
4. Troubleshoot technical problems
5. Provide support to engineering staff as needed.
6. Follow engineering quality assurance procedures.
7. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
8. Follow and apply SEL Values and Principles of Operations
9. Understand. Create. Simplify.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent with at least one year of technical coursework completed
Interest or experience with embedded systems
Programming experience in C, C++, Python or equivalent
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Full-time availability during summer, Part-time availability during school year
Experience using Linux Operating System
Experience with concurrent programming
Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols
Experience using revision control systems such as Git or Mercurial