Country:United States of America
Location:CANTR: Refrigeration-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2019 program. The applicants must have received their degree prior to start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
Carrier developers have a passion for writing object-oriented, reusable enterprise-level software used by well-known fortune 100 companies. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to create sleek, responsive, user-centric interfaces using current frameworks like React.js, we want to meet you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented Software Engineer to contribute to our growing development team.
The Software Engineer will be part of a team transforming our refrigeration products into a connected intelligent platform to provide to our customers real time remote access and information. Specifically, the Software Engineer will work in an agile environment reviewing and contributing to user story definition, sizing, execution and test, as well as developing robust DevOps solutions. This position produces significant results through a broad and deep functional knowledge, demonstration of independence, sound engineering judgment, and the building of strong coaching/mentoring peer relationships.
Under minimal supervision, the Software Development Engineer can be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project. This position contributes to their team or department by applying their advanced knowledge of Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development.
What you’ll do:
- Evangelize the best Web technology solutions for integration into our applications
- Champion best practices for UI development
- Develop and implement robust client-side solutions
- Work closely with other developers to ensure the integrity of software applications throughout the development life cycle
- Work within a cross-functional delivery team to produce tangible, customer-facing deliverables.
- Translate wireframes and storyboards into a compelling user experience
- Translate agile software development stories into reusable units of functionality
Experience & Qualification:
- Creation of exceptionally semantic and accessible HTML5 markup.
- Strong CSS skills: including strong organization and structure and a undying appreciation of the cascade
- Experience interacting with RESTful web services
- Strong familiarity with version management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies as requirements evolve
- Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work
- Experience on embedded software programming, including C/C++ programming and Linux-based applications
- Experience on programming of distributed applications (e.g., client/server applications)
- Experience on cross-compilation and software debugging
- A strong portfolio or GitHub profile showcasing front-end development experience
- User interface design experience
- Familiarity with unit testing of front-end code
- Experience with native mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Solid background in RTOS and embedded platforms.
- Solid background on communication networks and distributed systems (CAN networks, TCP/IP, serial communication)
- Team leadership experience
Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering and experience in software development and/or engineering capacity with a GPA of 3.2 or higher.