At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
About the Internship:
We are currently looking for a Junior or Senior in college to come work with our Business Development Team for an eight- week paid summer Internship! This person will also support the Client Services and Clarus Direct Product Team. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization from June 1st to August 14th. In this position, you will be expected to focus on learning the dynamics of Clarus’ business development efforts, which include identifying, acquiring, and growing our client base.
You’ll enjoy our progressive company culture, collaborative environment, our hustle, and being fully immersed in the day to day business operations here at Clarus. This internship is approximately a 40/week commitment, Monday through Friday, $16.00/hour. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities::
- Research and analyze potential prospective clients and industries that are important to Clarus (using LinkedIn, Salesforce, and other resources)
- Help determine the size and viability of client prospects
- Manage databases and input information into Salesforce
- Perform loyalty analysis, including identifying competitive services, industry trends, and loyalty programs used by specific retailers
- Support our client acquisition efforts with weekly outreach to prospects including ABM & Drift (automated business marketing campaigns)
- Assist in preparing information for sales calls and meetings; create and maintain PowerPoint presentations
- Attend company functions and sales calls
- Help with presentation/meeting preparations
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
- Develop and present a final project at the end of the internship
Requirements and Qualifications::
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit
- This is your third or fourth year in college
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, proactive, and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- You’re strategic and thoughtful about you’re your processes (i.e. – Communication and outreach to prospects, competitive analysis, etc.)