Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow we are recruiting for a Research Assistant Intern for the 2020 Summer Intern Program. The Research Assistant Intern will train and become proficient in running the Tosoh G8 HPLC. The Intern will also provide Tosoh G8 HbA1c reference data for A1c microSlide development (method comparison studies). Tjhe Intern should provide presumptive hemoglobin variant sample identification.
- Become familiar with BL-2 laboratory practices (lab methods, bloodborne pathogens, etc.)
- Train in Tosoh G8 HPLC methods & analysis
- Evaluate whole blood HbA1c samples by the Tosoh G8 HPLC method
- Identify presumptive hemoglobin variants based on retention time
- Provide reference data to lead scientists for method comparison analysis
- Analyze data, summarize results and conclusions for electronic design history file.
- Present data at A1c Slide weekly technical meetings
- Present a poster on his/her work
- Undergraduate/Graduate in the Field of Study of Clinical Chemistry, Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Immunology, Microbiology
- Minimum GPA: 3.25
- Minimum Year in School: 2nd year
- Knowledge of clinical chemistry, biochemistry, general chemistry
- Experience with ion exchange HPLC helpful but not required
- Experience with MicroSoft applications: Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. Minitab) helpful but not required
- Student must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Pay Transfer Notice