Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is one of the newest independent companies within Alphabet.
As a Loon Supply Chain Operations Intern you will work with a dynamic Supply Chain Operations team that is responsible for manufacturing and delivering the Loon flight vehicle for flight operations. You will engage with a highly talented cross-functional team and external suppliers to develop and improve existing Loon Supply Chain processes and workflows. This is an outstanding opportunity to gain experience working on a highly innovative product with a truly inspiring mission.
- Assist in the execution of a new product introduction for a Loon flight vehicle sub-system
- Drive improvement and efficiency into early stage integration of the Loon MRP system
- Implement forecasting and supply planning process improvements
- Pursuing a degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Prior experience and knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Passion towards a future career in manufacturing and supply chain
- Experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, etc.