At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Are you a recently graduated entry-level electrical controls engineer looking for a dynamic company to join? Due to our steady growth, we have an immediate opening for an enthusiastic individual with a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and a strong interest in automotive engineering. The entry-level electrical controls engineer will have excellent communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to handle multiple assignments and a dedication to customer needs. This position will be located at either our Allen Park or Livonia, MI facility.
- The entry-level electrical controls engineer will develop wiring architecture, wire harness routing, power distribution, electrical system needs and requirements
- Integrate wire harnesses, connectors, sensors, switches, and electrical components into overall vehicle architecture including high and low voltage systems
- Develop and execute electrical system functional and validation test requirements
- Identify and mitigate major electrical system failure modes and effects
- Develop and execute vehicle level system control strategies
- Participate in vehicle drives and demonstrations, perform in-vehicle testing and assist with vehicle assembly
- Develop detailed electrical system schematics, perform analytical circuit functionality and make any necessary system modifications required to meet project specifications
- Support overall electrical systems development and build support
- US Citizenship
- The entry-level electrical controls engineer will have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Personal interest in cars and motorsport activities
- Previous internship or co-op experience in the automotive industry (vehicle automotive controls and wiring preferred)
- The entry-level electrical controls engineer will have a working knowledge of control system components and software including sensors, transducers, and actuators
- Knowledge of general laboratory test equipment and procedures
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with electronic module design and electrical distribution design preferred
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, succeed in a dynamic environment and work in team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Formula SAE experience
- Imbedded software design
- Proficient in C and C++
- Familiarity with ISO-26262
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.