Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
Aerojet Rocketdyne has a summer 2020 internship opportunity to support our Supply Chain Management Organization at our facility in Canoga Park, CA (Los Angeles area).
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The intern will support the Supply Chain Management Organization in Process Improvement and Supplier Management efforts by performing the following functions:
20% - Performing in-depth analysis of data and interaction with Supply Management Staff and Customers in presenting information.
20% - Conducting effective meetings, preparing briefings, maintaining reports/metrics, internal support plans and may perform some buying activities.
20% - Supporting facilitation of process improvement teams and support update and maintenance of standard work related to such improvements.
20% - Maintaining training materials and research for training materials.
20% - Supporting ad-hoc projects as needed.
Candidates must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline. A minimum GPA of 3.0 and sophomore or junior class standing preferred.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communications skills and be proficient in the use of PC, internet, and electronic office applications.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Should be familiar with MS Access.
- Candidate must be adept at taking direction, work well with teams, be customer focused, and have experience conducting productive meetings.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform on task and follow up on assignments.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at same time and have basic project management skills.
- Safe work practices, proper ethics and attention to detail are required.
- Must work with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus.
- This position requires a positive attitude and personal interaction with various team members and customers.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.