VSolvit is currently seeking a Full Stack Data Engineer in support of the U.S. Navy —Naval Surface Weapons Center (Corona). This position will support the Ship Maintenance Data Improvement Initiative.
NSWC Corona is aggregating ship maintenance data from over 70 sources to provide analysis and predictive data in support of navy ship maintenance planning and budgeting. This position will be responsible for taking source data and developing a repeatable and sustainable process for import into a data lake and data mart. Key to these processes will be quality assurance measures which identify, track, resolve and report data quality. This position will also serve as the subject matter expert for assigned data sources and will develop basic data visualization dashboards as well as work with a larger team to produce complex enterprise dashboards.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Oracle technologies.
- Assess structured and unstructured data sources
- Develop strategies for data import with quality assurance checks
- Perform data import and transformation
- Develop scripts for data import, quality assessments, and error handling
- Support data visualization projects
- Associate’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience working with SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL and Python
- 3+ years’ experience computer skills including Microsoft Office
- United States Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 1+ years' experience with data lakes and/or data warehousing
- 1+ years' experience with big data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- 1+ years' experience with data structures
- 1+ years' experience working with Tableau
- Data Engineer Certification (Cloudera, Google, IBM, CPEE)
- Active DoD SECRET Security Clearance
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology consulting services and solutions to government and private section clients. VSolvit is an award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB, SBA-certified 8(a)/SDB, and a certified HUBZone company. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, as well as 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work that we do as a team.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.