State University of New York, Cortland
The Career Services office at SUNY Cortland is dedicated to providing high quality career counseling assistance to students, alumni, and community members with an emphasis on the development of lifetime skills that lead to successful career and educational choices.
Our office does the following:
- Career counseling and coaching.
- Drop-in hours for resume and cover letter critiques.
- Career events including job fairs.
- Graduate school preparation.
- Internship search guidance and credit.
- LinkedIn and digital dirt checks
This internship is a full year commitment. The first semester is a 2-credit internship while training and learning is taking place. Based on first semester performance, the second semester will involve hourly pay.
- Meet one-on-one with students for resume, cover letter, and personal statement critiques during open hours twice per week.
- Conduct presentations on basic resume/cover letter writing skills and promote Career Services to campus community, including COR 101 classes.
- Gain proficiency on interviewing techniques, basic job search strategies, and demonstrating an online presence.
- Develop an understanding of Cortland majors and the career opportunities associated with those majors.
- Take part in Career Services events, workshops and activities.
- Complete projects that promote career development for Cortland students.
- Represent Career Services in a positive and professional manner, both in the office and across campus.
- Build relationships with Career Services staff members and other Career Assistants in order to be an active intern.
- Arrive for all scheduled shifts on time; Career Assistants must be available Mondays and Thursdays from 1:30pm- 3:30pm.
- Willingness work individually with students and take initiative in office.
- Dedication, responsibility, and creativity!
Must be available Mondays and Thursday from 1:30pm- 3:30pm.
Must be available for the full academic year.
The first semester is a 2-credit internship while training and learning is taking place. Based on first semester performance, the second semester will involve hourly pay.
Van Hoesen Hall, B-5
- Must be available Mondays and Thursday from 1:30pm- 3:30pm.
- Must be available for the full academic year.
- GPA of 2.5 and above.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to upper class students, but freshmen and sophomores encouraged to apply!
Meredith Morell, [email protected]