Better Markets (www.bettermarkets.com) is a non-profit, non-partisan, and independent organization founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis to promote the public interest in the financial markets, support the financial reform of Wall Street and make our financial system work for all Americans again.
The candidate should be a current junior, senior, or recently graduated undergraduate student with interest in financial reform, proven written and oral communications abilities, plus great digital and social media skills. We offer a professional work environment in downtown Washington D.C. This is a great opportunity to learn about important policy issues, effective communications and public relations strategies.
- Support maintenance of Better Markets social media sites (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube), including content generation
- Update the Better Markets website, including posting video and audio files
- Perform media research, identify media opportunities and support press engagement
- Monitor Better Markets press appearances on TV, print and online outlets
- Update media and coverage databases
- Perform other duties assigned by communications office
- Initiative, good attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AP Style knowledge
- Proficient in web-based technology,
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for social networking
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle assigned tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with basics of financial reform a plus
- Prior experience in a communications department or similar setting useful but not required
- Experience with web and graphic design a plus but not required
- Proficiency in video editing with Adobe Premiere or Spark a plus but not required
Better Markets only accepts submissions sent via email to [email protected] You must include a cover letter, resume and writing sample to be considered.
Better Markets is an equal opportunity employer.