Mount Prospect , IL 60056
Several Shifts Available: 2nd, 3rd, nighshifts, and weekends required
Manager, Network Operations and Support
The Operations and Support Technician will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring of systems, applications, and the Customer Support center. This position provides Tier I support for all problems with wireless hardware, software and other computer related technology issues and inquiries. This position will review systems to collect information about problems and perform diagnostic procedures to determine the source of errors. This individual must be able to log and track calls using incident management software, maintain historical records and related problem documentation, and perform triage on all incoming requests to ensure that tickets are routed to the appropriate group for resolution. Daily activities will be driven primarily by recurring system health checks, responding to automated system alerts, and handling customer calls and emails.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly health checks.
- Pro-actively act on events reported by various monitoring tools.
- Perform initial troubleshooting and escalate internally and externally as required.
- Generate, review and track trouble tickets.
- Communicate directly with customers by email and telephone.
- Take ownership and resolve customer incidents per set guidelines
- Develop technical documentation and troubleshooting guides for operations center personnel.
- Provide training to new technicians as required.
- Provide ongoing communication to both customer support teams and engineering staff during time of outage or service impact.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years working in a Network Operations Center environment or in a Customer Support/Technical Support position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a desire for a variety of challenges.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to ascertain information and maintain dialogue with multiple teams as to the status of a particular issue.
- Ability to effectively and calmly operate within a complex and changing environment.
- Well organized with the ability to properly manage individual workload.
- Solid problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups.
- Knowledge / experience with wireless devices and applications.
- Knowledge / experience with basic networking concepts.
- Knowledge / experience using Salesforce or another ticket system.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated work in the Information Technology field.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
Telit (www.telit.com) is an industry leader with over 20 years of experience in providing wireless solutions. We understand the tremendous role wireless technology plays in todays business and deliver a suite of products and services that integrates all aspects of wireless networks, devices, and applications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce CRM: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office 2016: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift