Moffatt & Nichol
Moffatt & Nichol is actively looking for an intern with a Structural Engineering focus to join our Hawaii office. Interns will provide support to design engineers in the administration of projects, as well as assist in obtaining, preparing and reviewing information for marine, waterfront, building and bridge design and analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of technical documents including:
- Civil and structural plans
- Structural details
- Project specifications
- Structural calculations and modeling
- Cost estimates and quantity takeoffs
- Drafting/reviewing engineering reports
- Occasional field visits as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s student preferred
- Must be at least a Junior in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program
- EIT certification preferred
- At least one previous related internship preferred but not required
- Successfully completed course work in concrete, structural steel and seismic design and structural analysis
- Familiarity with displacement-based analysis methods
- Ability to perform field investigations
- Any experience in finite element analysis, AutoCAD/MicroStation/Revit, or contracting a plus
A copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for the internship.
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 37 offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol’s EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical Solutions™ serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.